Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Carter!

Dear Carter,
Five whole years today! Not only did you turn five today, but I sent you off to school for the first time ever on your birthday....with a cookie cake in hand to share with your friends of course. Not being with me all day on your special day is just a reminder that you aren't a baby anymore. You are in school now! You have places to be and people to see. 
This past year, you have grown leaps and bounds. You started really making friends and becoming such a social little guy. We had numerous friends over for you, and we have gone to many activities for you to be with your buddies. And making friends has really given you such boldness! A boldness that you didn't have before. You started loving things like Vacation Bible School and church choir, and Sunday school because you got to see your buddies. I love that. It's a bittersweet feeling. I am so happy that you are becoming bold and social, but for the first time in your life, you are happy to leave Mama and home. I am thankful, oh so thankful, but there's just a tiny twinge that independence causes in a mama's heart. The first day of school last week, you ran right in and never even told me bye! So proud of you! It is truly amazing how you've grown and matured and how secure you have become this year.
This summer you learned to SWIM! And not only did you learn to swim, you are jumping off the diving board and diving for rings in the shallow end. You are a little fish!
You also started taking taekwondo which has been so hilarious and so great. You really love it, and I see it building your confidence weekly.
You are the big brother in this casa, and you are fulfilling that role with your head held high. You are always making sure Emerson is taken care of, entertained, and constantly giggling at you. And even though you and Coop fight and argue and pester each other, you love him so much, and you look out for him, and you always include him. He is your best buddy, and when you two aren't fighting over the ipad or a light saber or Molly the cat, you have an absolute ball together. The perfect brothers for each other....so different and yet so close.
This year you have started to tell us how much you love us and are constantly giving us compliments, making us art work, and helping me cook dinner and set the table. I can really start to see your manners develop and a sense of other's feelings develop. I can see the Lord beginning to work in your heart and show you how much you need Jesus in order to be kind and selfless. You are really starting to pray with more awareness of your sin and your need for help. And I love the gratitude that permeates your every prayer. Thanking God for the lamps, couches, rainbows, and everything in sight :)
You love Legos, Star Wars, all things things sugary, chocolate milk, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, crafts, drawing, painting, wearing pajamas, taekwondo, shooting guns, your bike and your tractor, anything Ole Miss related, the ipad, your beloved Molly the Cat, and so much more. You are a kiddo of many loves.
I love you, sweet boy. You are my buddy. My first baby. And the vessel through which God has changed me in so many ways.
I am eternally grateful for your life and the past five years. I couldn't be prouder of the way you've grown. How courageous you have striven to be, and how you have learned to lean on Jesus even as a little boy. 
Praying for the best year of life yet for you. 
You are my sunshine.
Love,
Mama

Here is look back your year:



























Happy Happy Birthday, Buddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment