Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blooming Photographer

 
Melt. My. Heart.

I wanted to capture his gorgeous baby blues, and I get this squinty-eyed grin. Hee Hee. Nothing like a strained smile to appease your camera happy mother. He is quite possibly the sweetest child on earth.

I know....he looks exactly like porky pig. Let me explain.
Carter is now into photography. So he decided to take some funny pictures of Coop. As you can see I participated in the photo shoot. I think we accomplished the funny part. I crack up everytime I look at these. I promise it wasn't child abuse. Coop was cracking up as much as we were. I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore. We are sort of ridiculous over here.

You know it's funny.



Here he is back to normal. Carter actually took a nap one day last week, so I had a little photo session outside with Coop. I refuse to be one of those parents who has twice as many pictures of the first child, so I try to grab my camera and get some good shots of Coop alone when I can. Equality, people! 


His favorite form of entertainment....playing in the car. Carter was the same way at this age. I can remember sitting in the garage when Carter was 18 months old for what seemed like hours while he played in my van.

Look at those sweet curls. I am struggling with knowing what to do with this head of hair. I don't want to be one of those moms who lets her child's hair get way out of control just because she doesn't want to cut the curls, but I also don't want to take the baby-ness away yet. And goodness, we don't want a mullet! So I am experiencing an internal debate. Sometimes it looks cute and curly (see above) and other times it looks stringy and shaggy. I think I'll just go for a tiny trim to layer up the back but still keep some curl....good compromise I think.

BaBa and YaYa....the center of both my boys' little worlds.

On his way to see the Rebels play! Not really....just on his way to see the Pride of the South in the grove. We'll brave a game in a year or so.


More of Carter's photography. Yes, I am aware of the train tracks on my forehead and the lower eye wrinkles. What's a girl to do but moisturize and simply embrace it? Keepin it real.

Gotta end the post with some sweet Coop Coop love.

4 comments:

  1. Don't be messing with my sweet Grandbabies face!! Porky pig my foot!! Love those baby blue eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! Love Carter' photography skills-that boy has talent! Cooper is sooo cute-love his shaggy curls! And that Carter is the cutest little angel! Railroad tracks? *rolling my eyes!*!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper is getting sooooo big. I still can't believe it. And I second Nancy's eye roll and add my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same debate in my mind a thousand times before E's first haircut. She began to grow a mullet and I finally had to bite the bullet and cut the curls...but they didn't go away! Maybe Coopers won't either. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete