Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School

The first day of school was great! Carter had a blast, did not shed a single tear, made a precious craft, and wasn't even excited to go home with me when I came to pick him up! Woo Hoo!!!! So proud of my Carter! God answered my prayers. I have been worrying about the first day and praying that Carter wouldn't have separation anxiety, and he didn't! Sorry for all the exclamation points....can you tell I am excited?!!! His teacher said he was talking and talking and kept saying, "My name is Carter Bell." Hee Hee.
Coop did great too considering it was his first day ever. He cried a little bit when they took him out of the car, and they said the entire one year old class cried on and off all morning, but I am pretty sure that's normal. They are at that contagious age where if one cries, they all cry. After a week or two, I am sure they will all go in without a peep. His teacher said he loved playing outside and did great for his first day! Go, Coop!

An excavator was working across the street...it was waaaay more interesting than Mama and her camera.

Where is Mama's nose? And they point. I was looking for eye contact and a smile.....oh well.

So I acted like a crazy person and hooted and hollered, and I got eye contact AND a smile too!

Are they big or what? Are they gorgeous or what? Are they sweet or what? Okay, I'll stop. I'm smitten.

1 comment:

  1. So glad they had a fun time! I asked Grafton who she played with today and she said "My new friend Carter!!" She really likes him :)

    ReplyDelete