We made our yearly trip to Alabama to visit Joel's family last weekend. We had lots of fun catching up with everyone, and the boys had a ball with their cousins. Carter is still recovering from all the running around he did with his cousin, Caleb, and I am still recovering from trying to keep Coop out of Julie's pantry! That Coop is an explorer and a destroyer all in one.
It was a fun trip with lots of memories made. Here are the highlights:
Carter on Grammy and Pop's tire swing. Soon after this, Joel got on it, and it fell out the tree! No one saw it but Coop, and it scared him to death. He kept saying, "Dada crash." Poor Coop or should I say poor Dada!
Little smooch taking it for a whirl.
Are they beautiful or what? When I first came into this family, these girls were practically babies! Now look at them....so tall, so old, so not babies.
These are my gals...I don't normally use the word "gal" except with the Bell gals. It's hard to explain. Now gals! What would I do without these two? They love me like a sister. What more could I ask for? Missed my Su on this trip!....she's one of the gals too :)
Carter and Caleb....cute or what?
Uncle Stephen and Joel with the girls.
Building towers
Haven't been to Prattville without visiting the Bass Pro Shop in years. Apparently it's just what you do when you visit Prattville. Carter loved the glass elevator.
Sweet Bekah. I think it's safe to say, Bekah has the sweetest spirit of any child I've ever known in my life. I am not sure that she's sinned more than ten times in her entire life. Ha! Love her to death.
Oh Willy Wonka :) I couldn't talk Will into bonding with ole aunt Jill. Apparently, I've lost my 16 year old boy "cool skillz" I acquired during my 10th grade teaching days. I gotta work on those skillz for my next trip. I'll get him next time :)
Carter looooved Reid's drums. This is what he wanted to do the entire time.
Grammy and Coop. Such a sweet grandmother and mother in law, and seriously one of the most positive and encouraging people I have ever met. She had five kids in ten years (yes it's true, and she stayed home with all of them and even homeschooled for several years!), so needless to say she "gets it!" She knows my life as a stay at home mom well, and is the first to pray for me, encourage me, and remind me that I am fulfilling God's plan for my life. Thanks, sweet Susan, for loving me your crazy, frazzled, imperfect daughter in law :) Thankful for your friendship, love, prayers, and constant encouragement.
No comments:
Post a Comment