Sunday, January 8, 2012

Birthday Indulgence

This cake is precious to me. Carter designed it for his Dada for his birthday. In case you don't know the background story, Joel went heli-skiing last year, and Carter thought that was just about the most awesome thing ever. He still watches the videos from time to time that Joel took while there.
So....notice the cowboy...that is Dada snowboarding down the mountain (best I could do), and can you tell who put the helicopter on the cake? Hee Hee....firm placement.
Too sweet for words.

Of course we couldn't wait for 5:00 to show Dada, so we delivered it to his office, lit the candles, and chowed down at 9:30am.



Joel's sweet assistant, Stephanie, joined the celebration. My boys love her and as soon as they get their chocolate upon entering Dada's office, they head straight to see Ms. Stephanie who they love to entertain.

This is the picture we made for Joel's bathroom sink area. Isn't it cheerful? I have GOT to find Carter some little arts and craft class....he thrives on crafty things.

So all that talk about snowboarding caused some pretend play. Joel got out his board, and the boys got to get all geared up.


Cool dude ready for some sick pow....sorry about that one. Been married to Joel six years now, what else can I say?

Joel and I share a birthday, so we indulged! I was spoiled rotten by my boys. We went to Bottletree that morning, and Joel took me out to Boure and a movie that night. Heavenly. He also took Carter to pick me out a super nice purse. I am blessed. A birthday to remember.

1 comment: