Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trusting in the Dark

"My light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark.... When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway."
I read this quote weeks ago in Jesus Calling, and I can't stop thinking about it. We have all been in dark places in our lives, but what do we do when are there? I know what I do. I worry. I fret. I overthink. I problem solve over and over and over again. I try to climb out. I question God. I cry. I call my mom a million times. All the things that come natural, that's what I do in the dark places. I hate that about myself. I soooo want to be that person who rests in God and rises above the circumstances and isn't shaken. But honestly I am not sure this person exists anyway. I mean even Jesus sweated blood in the garden, right?
But what if I really trusted God. I mean really trusted him to take care of it all. What if I just stopped problem solving and fretting and worrying and questioning? (can't promise I'll stop crying....ha!) What if I trusted Him in the dark and allowed His light to shine through my trust and walked through my trials with confidence in His love for me? What if I stopped striving for the false hope of a problem free life and rested in His plan?
Let me be clear. I don't think trusting in God means never getting down or sad or never having a bad day or never asking God why. I am all about being real and honest and authentic. What I mean is trusting Him deep in my heart when everything seems all wrong and when I can't see an answer or a reason or a solution. Trusting Him even when I am mad, sad, and stuck in the mud of a dark place.
I know on my own I can't do it perfectly, but I know with the help of the Holy Spirit, I can. So I am prayerfully heading in that direction in my life. I am prayerfully heading into a life of trust and peace and rest. I am going to roll with it, people. Want to join me? I can't imagine we'll regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment