Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Patch and Daily Life

We made our yearly trip to Cedar Hill Farms a couple of weeks ago. So. much. fun!
 Isn't BB such a sport? She rode the train by herself at the pumpkin patch! Hahaha! The boys were afraid to, so she rode it to show them it was fun. It didn't work...they still wouldn't ride it, but BB is a sport for trying.




On a different note, this is a daily occurrence in our house...a good ole fashioned tantrum. Oh the terrible twos!

So appropriate for my life right now.

But most of the time, my terrible two year old is not so terrible :) Most of the time he is my charming, animated, sweet Coop Coop. Nancy said told me that God knew what He was doing when He made two year olds so irresistibly cute. Otherwise, we might throw them out the window during one of their many tantrums! 

Check out this fake smile for mama. 

Dada being the fun Dada that he is. My kids love to be thrown in the air, spun around until they are basically puking, tackled, chunked across the room onto a couch or bed, etc... Must be a boy thing. Dada is glad to do all these rough activities...it's what makes him so fun. Mama is glad to sit in a lawn chair and wait to comfort the next injured child for a minute or two before he heads right back into the battle zone. Why do boys/men feel the need to slam their bodies together, throw objects in the air, and run full speed for no apparent reason? Whatever floats their boat!

Racing! Poor Coop....one day he'll be crossing the finish line first! Notice the wood...the boys were attempting to build me a house with four pieces of wood. Hee Hee.

My superhero-loving boy. If you want to steal his heart, talk superheroes. They are his passion.

And at the end of the day, they crash. Mama loves bedtime.

Coop trying on my slip. You should see me trying to get ready in the morning. I have LOTS of help. They rummage through my jewelry picking out which pieces they think I should wear. They insist on putting my blush on for me. They put random clips and bobby pins in my hair. They ask me when I am going to put my mascara on (because it's the last thing I do, and they want me out of there.) And they always want a squirt of my perfume... daily I tell them, they have to have a squirt of Dada's so they smell like big boys. Mornings are quite the fanfare!

Joel's sweet aunt and uncle Ginger and Vernon Cotten came to Oxford last weekend and took us out to eat at Lenora's. What a treat! We loved visiting with them as I have never spent any time with them in our entire six years of marriage. I never knew what I was missing! After spending a good part of the weekend getting the know them and enjoying them so much, we are headed to Carthage this summer to spend a weekend with them. Coop wanted to get the in car with them as they were leaving Sunday after he heard Ginger say he could come swim in her pool next summer. Haha! We look forward to our Carthage escapade as a family of five! Ginger even has crib ready to house baby Emerson :)

Just lounging.

My ferocious spiderman-ninja.

We love our fire pit! We light it up weekly when it's chilly out, and the boys get so excited about the s'mores. I just love an outside fire in the fall. 

Saturday morning trip to the grove. A pile of bodies all clambering for the football.

One of our last family pics as a family of four! Only 8 more weeks until baby E is here!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Oh how I miss my bestie SO MUCH!!! I am determined to get my blog updated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Nancy! I just loooove reading your posts! LOVED the one of the wood in the backyard for your house! bahahaha! love you!!

    ReplyDelete