Friday, October 15, 2010

Joely Woely

Joel and I celebrated our fourth anniversary Thursday. This picture is from our honeymoon in Peter Island. I love this picture. I can't believe God blessed me with such a wonderful husband. Joel is the hardest worker I have ever met in my life, but at the same time, God and his family are his first priorities...something to admire in a man. He is so level headed. As a woman, I tend to be emotional and go up and down, up and down, but Joel is a Steady Eddy! He handles life's twists and turns with grace. We are a good match :)  I am so thankful for him.

One thing I love about Joel is that he tends to sense when I need a date night. Every month or so, he will take me out to a nice dinner and just talk to me about life and get me out of the house and away from kiddos. These are my absolute favorite times. I treasure these dates. We just had one tonight to celebrate our anniversay, and I feel so refreshed.

Joel is a fantastic dad too! He is constantly taking Carter outside to play or reading him a book or getting him a snack or giving him a bath. When Joel gets home, my load gets super light. One thing I think I'll always remember is when Joel walks over to Cooper and starts talking or singing, Cooper starts kicking his legs like crazy. It's like he can't handle the excitement he feels when he sees Joel, so he just channels it through those fat little legs :) I love that. Joel puts Carter to bed every night, and I think it is so healthy for Carter to have his dad take that time with him to lay with him and pray with him each night. I know hearing his dad pray every night for him is building the ground work for his future faith.

My favorite thing about Joel is his faith. I can't think of a single day in our four years of marriage when Joel hasn't started the day in God's word and in prayer. It's the first he does everyday. He is a man of prayer and loves the truth. He is always pointing me back to God and working to train Carter to turn to God as well. He trusts God with so much more than I do. I tend to give things to God and take them back, but Joel truly trusts God with things. I admire this so much. He is committed to the church and the spreading of God's kingdom...especially through giving. Can anyone say GENEROUS?!!!! Joel is so very generous! He supports several missionaries and Campus Crusade and RUF folks every single month as well as the church. I know God is so pleased with Joel's heart for giving...and so am I. He is always willing to give at the drop of a hat if he hears of a need. I guess he just figures his treasures are in heaven :)

I feel like I could go on and on. Joel is funny, driven, ambitious, Godly, honest, and loving. Who could ask for more? Thank you God for such a great hubby!!! And thank you Joel for loving me and taking such good care of me and our family. You are the best!

1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary!!!!

    oh and by the way, i still have your wedding present that i left in the car at your reception!!! so embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete