I feel the need to defend my little boy after calling him a "stinker" the other day :).Sorry, Carter! He has been super tough to live with lately, and I found out yesterday that there is a reason behind his grumpiness. Thank goodness! I took him to the doctor because of a high fever two days ago only to find out that he has a severe ear infection caused by a clogged tube. The pediatrician said he feels terrible and that this is not a new infection. Not that I ever want my child to feel bad, but I am so relieved to know that his behavior is a little explainable. Poor buddy! I was beginning to think he was going to end up in jail by the time he was 15. Ha!
After getting on some super strong antibiotics, 48 hours later he is a new child....I am serious! I haven't seen him this happy in a month. I almost teared up seeing him so happy. I have missed my fun and happy little boy! So glad you are back, Buddy!
Even though I am happy that I know why he has been a stinker, I am super sad about his ear situation. He has really been through it with these ears. The purpose of the tubes was so that he wouldn't get these infections...ahhhh! So frustrating. We go to the ENT tomorrow to get his tube unclogged. I hope that doesn't cause too much trauma.
FYI- I am not so ignorant to think that he won't still be a typical two year old even when his ears are all better...just feel the need to defend him for now. Ha!
Hey Jill! Just found your blog--had no idea! Great to see you a few weeks ago at MPC---hope your move has gone well! I'll stay updated now!
ReplyDeleteUh oh! What's LG's excuse?...maybe I'll take her to the ENT to see if her tubes are clogged...the way she's acting it HAS to be BOTH tubes!!!! LOL!
ReplyDelete