Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

2010...what a year!

A lot happened this year. For one, I started this blog a year ago. I love that I started blogging. I always thought it would turn into an obligation or something to procrastinate or simply add to my to-do list, but surprisingly, it has been a blessing. I have found it to be an outlet for me while being a stay-at-home mom. I love that I was able to record so much of Carter and Coop's little lives. My intention in beginning this blog was to obey all the people in my life who told me to "write things down" as my kids grow up because they swear I'll forget them if I don't. I am so glad I was given that advice. Looking back through my old posts, so many fun memories came flooding back. So glad I will always have a record of them.

What else happened this year? Well, what didn't happen? Coop joined us :), Carter got two sets of PE tubes, Carter started and completed speech therapy, he turned two and started talking up a storm, Coop grew like a weed and turned out to be the easiest baby in history, we moved to Oxford, Joel got an office on the square!, my brother and sister-in-law had a baby, my best friend moved away and found out she was having a baby, and many more less monumental events occured, but those are the major ones off the top of my head.

God has blessed me beyond measure. I can't believe how loving and merciful He is as I look back over the past year. He has brought me so much joy and gently guided me through some very tough times. Happy times, sad times....this year has really shown me that both are necessary for the growing process. Of course I prefer the happy times, but looking back, it was really the tough times that changed me.

Watching one of Joel's dreams come true and watching my babies grow over the past year have been the two biggest blessings of 2010. I love that we are in Oxford, and I love that I am able to stay home and spend so much time loving on my kiddos.

Looking forward to a new year and all God has planned for us (Jeremiah 29:11)!!!

Some resolutions Joel and I came up with for our family:
1. Date night once a month
2. Family devotions at dinner
3. Scheduled prayer meeting for our marriage and kids once a week
4. Less time on computer and in front of the TV

I didn't really write down any personal resolutions, but I did pick out a verse for the year that I hope to live out by God's grace.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1

I hope to be a living sacrifice for the Lord in 2011 by serving my family, church, friends, and community.

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. love you friend! your post made me cry-i miss you so much! and now this song you have on here is making me cry more. agh. darn pregnancy hormones! so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good insight!! So encouraging to remember that the tough times grow us! Loved your post---also so jealous of your white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete