Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Zoo and More

As you all know, Coop LOVES the bath. He crawls up to the tub several times throughout the day and pulls up on the side and looks at me as if he's saying, "Can I get in now?"

Watching the Cedarmont Kids after his morning BaBa and waiting on Carter to wake up.

We made a trip to the zoo Saturday....great decision!!!! The weather was perfect, we got to hang out with good friends, and the boys had a blast. Carter absolutely loved the snakes and turtles. He told me several times this morning that he saw some snakes and turtles at the zoo.

Coop in the stroller as usual. He can't wait to walk so he can try to keep up with Carter. I ended up holding him most of the time so he could see all the animals and wouldn't feel left out :) He is such a trooper. I was worn out after holding that big boy all day.

Creepy alligator...of course Carter thought it was "cool, dude!"



Coop's favorite animal...the big fat hippos :) His YaYa is a hippo, so they hold a special place in his heart...or should I say they hold a special place in my heart (he doesn't even know what a hippo is). I am going to do a hipppo theme for his first birthday because he loves his hippo YaYa so much.

Lunch with the Monkeys

Carter wearing DaDa's hat....very handsome. This morning I was getting him dressed for church, and he looked at me and said, "Carter handsome." I guess self-esteem isn't a problem at our house for the time being.

Usual Sunday afternoon in the floor

I don't know what it is about this empty hallway, but my boys love it. They run/crawl up and down it all day laughing and screaming.

Coop is everywhere! He is so fast. If you look away for one minute, he is on the other side of the house eating something he isn't supposed to eat....usually some sort of paper or a crayon. He is also pulling up on everything now.

Mama's helper...Carter loves to help me do things around the house...unload the dishwasher, feed Coop, clean up, throw things in the garbage, take things to Joel or Coop, fetch things for Mama, etc...

Coop chowing down on Nilla wafers he isn't allowed to eat...he puts the whole cookie in his mouth...not good. He was caught red-handed by DaDa.

Swinging on the back porch watching the rain.

Can't go on the back porch without hearing some very fine drumming.

I have loved this warmer weather lately! Much more fun staying at home when you can go outside, go to the park, go to the zoo, sit on the back porch, etc... Looking forward to spring in Oxford :)

1 comment: